Sunday, January 11, 2009

After Season Shopping

Two courses I found rather boring are accounting and economics. I put up some efforts anyway and it paid off recently into money saving tips.

Here’s my thesis: on the one hand, retailer inventory levels are rising and facing write-down menace (thanks to the accounting course); on the other hand, they have to dump into a weakening consumer spending. The shift in supply & demand (thanks to the economics course) decides that retail price has to be trending down through the X’mas shopping season and onward.

That’s why I hold off my yearend shopping and waited and waited. It’s not easy. I barely made through X’mas by re-gifting.

Viola! Now there’re plenty of better deals out there. Time to go shopping, shall we?

 

http://icecurtain.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment